Have you ever thought of replacing costly patterned ribbons with duct tapes for gift wrapping? It actually works if you are planning to reduce the cost factor on gift wrapping. Just replace the grosgrains ribbons with patterned duct tapes and see the difference.
Duct tapes come in various patterns and designs. From polka dots to running strip, duct tapes give you every single reason to choose them over the grosgrains ribbons, unless or until you have a strong mind to opt the ribbons only.
How to go creative with patterned duct tapes?
Though you can choose any pattern of your choice based on the occasion, choosing the bold and glossy tape for the wedding gift wrapping will suit you best. Let’s learn how you can try a creative hand with duct tapes for gift wrapping.
Get a plain white paper and cut down it as per the dimensions of the gift box. Make sure the paper you are using for gift wrapping is not too thin. It should be of medium density so that it looks good for the occasion.
Once you get that, start wrapping it around the gift box and we know you can do that without any guidance.
Once you are done with the gift wrapping, it’s time for the duct tape to play its turn. Firstly, use the plain yet colored duct tape to wrap the gift around its horizontal and vertical sides. Again, try to choose the wedding colors for this. You can try bold colors like red, maroon, blue, orange and more.
Merely wrapping the duct tape over the horizontals and verticals of the gift box won’t give you the best look that you are thriving for. You need to add some extra elements to make the gift more presentable. For that, start making flowers or buds using the duct tape itself.
Wondering about how to make different flower patterns with duct tapes? Don’t worry. We will tell you how to do that.
You can start like this.
1. Get a multi-colored and multi-patterned duct tape and cut it into different pieces of similar length. The ideal length would be 8’’.
2. You will require 6 to 7 strips per flower depending on the fullness you are expecting from it.
3. Take one strip and fold it in half lengthwise.
4. Repeat the same process for the opposite end of the strip to club both the ends at the center.
5. Once you do that, you would be able to see the “X” pattern. Can you see that? Great!! You are on the right way. Let’s move ahead to the next step.
6. Now, take another strip and fold them the way you did for the first strip.
7. You need to repeat the same process with remaining strips till you get 5 to 6 “X” at your side.
8. Once you get that, start placing them one over the other in a pattern of a flower. The trick is to join the centers of all the “X” and tie it with a bead or a stone, whichever you want to use.
That’s it. The flower bow is ready to uplift the looks of your gift. Take help of a cello tape or glue to stick the duct tape flower over the center of the gift box and let others see the magic.
Presenting a gift is not about wrapping it into expensive sheets of papers and glitters, in fact, it’s all about giving it a creative & personal touch so that the wedding couple connects to it instantly. So, stop wasting money on expensive gift wrapping stuff and explore beautiful, and bold duct tapes.
Hope this works for you.
If you have any query, do let us know. Leave your suggestions in the comment box and we will revert back to you at the earliest.